Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Looking forward to it!

I am very excited to see how this "experiment" pans out. I've loved getting back into the intellectual atmosphere at GWU lately. Specifically in Engl. 120, I haven't taken an English class per-se (apart from Play Analysis and the Writing Center theory class), and it's been interesting to get my mind back into the literary mode of thinking. Contrary to popular belief, as a dance major I have to think critically in those classes (such as in moving through pathways in the body, transitioning and spacing in composing choreography, and more), but with writing and literature it's just a different way of thinking. I look forward to reading and interacting (through comments) with all your ideas!

Best,

Kathryn Boland
The George Washington University BA Dance 2011
The GWU Writing Center Peer Tutor
The GWU Balance Ballet Company
401-864-1557
kbdancer@gwmail.gwu.edu

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to all of this blogging mayhem as well. In looking at our growing list of team members, it appears that some of them already have blogs of their own--and probably know more about this particular kind of writing than me, which isn't saying that much, since I know next to nothing about blogging. In short, I think this will all be educational, which is kind of the point of, um, education.

    ReplyDelete